Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Welcome to my world

Well, everyone else is doing it, why not me? My apologies up front - I cannot guarantee that I will blog with any sort of regular frequency or that I will even blog at all. But I have been reading other people's blogs for several years now and have never been brave enough to join the fray. Well, here I am, in the fray. I'm going to give it a go for a while and we'll see what happens. I am hoping it gives me another way to communicate with friends (and maybe family too). I know that sometimes just seeing an updated post on one of my friends' blogs makes me smile and reassures me that they are alive. It helps me feel in touch with what they are doing without the pressure of an instant e-mail reply. So maybe this will work for some other folks too.

So welcome to my blog world. I am in my early 30's, training to be an OB-GYN, an avid reader, a knitter, friend, daughter, sister, currently too out of shape to hike hiker, and a part-time goat farmer. I suppose that blog posts could easily come from any of those topics and more.

For today, I think it is enough that I figured out how to make a blog, how to get the e-mail with my real name taken out of the logo at the top, and how to upload pictures. Granted, Blogger really makes it pretty fool-proof, but until I tried I had imagined that all of this was restricted to people that actually KNOW HTML etc.

Anyway, thanks for reading and good night!

Turtlewoman

4 comments:

megan said...

What beautiful pets you have, m'dear. I will read your blog faithfully. And I can't wait for you to teach me to knit. I am going to knit hats for Heat and Debbie's babies.

Heather said...

I will too! I love reading about people's lives. I already have you bookmarked!

Turtlewoman said...

Wow! Talk about instant gratification!

Megan - I have a pattern for a baby hat (I might have a couple) but if you find one you really like it might help inspire you to do it! So keep your eyes open, but if you don't find anything, I have a couple possibilities for you. Baby hats are good too, cause they don't take 6 million years.

Thanks for checking out my blog and my pets!

Lizzie

Sophie said...

hooray! lizzie's blogging! you bet it will make me feel connected to read a few lines from you every now and then :-) just reading your comments to my posts does that, so this will be just fabulous. and it doesn't matter how often you manage it, god knows with your schedule, but it's great to see faces with the goats' names, and it's great to see a picture of the kitty too. i'll be a faithful reader. :-)