Sunday, March 25, 2007

Exertion



As most of you know, I have not been a very active individual for quite some time. It is pretty funny, because once I am out DOING an activity (like hiking, or as in these pictures, cross country skiing) I think, "Gee, this is really great - I wish I was in better shape so that I could enjoy it a little more." This weekend I got to live that feeling again. Beca, Phelps, and I were at a conference at Sugarloaf and got a break on Saturday to enjoy the gorgeous Maine spring. We rented cross country skis and took off onto the groomed trails in the woods for an hour or so. Beca was off and going on her skate skis. Lucky for me this was Phelps' first time doing Cross Country so I had someone I could ALMOST keep up with. Regardless, we had a great time and I think you can see by the color of my face that I got a workout. Amazingly enough, I can even still walk today and it didn't hurt my bum knee.
In other news, the back to the entrelac scarf is almost finished and I will finally have a finished knitting project to show everyone. There are pictures of entrelac scarves on Chesley's blog, but of course they are not MY entrelac scarf so keep your web browsers ready for a showing soon near you. The conference went well. I did my presentation without falling on my face or doing anything too embarrassing. It was a pretty small conference so it actually wasn't that scary. There were even less people than we usually have at our department meetings. And I did know about half of the people as they were from our department. It was a good way to ease into conferences and presenting without being overwhelming.
This weekend will be my early birthday celebration in DC, so everybody get ready to party!! And everyone remember to wish Heat a happy birthday tomorrow . . . and has anyone else heard recently that 31 is the new 30? Cause we heard that it is.
Turtlewoman

3 comments:

Sophie said...

i'm living proof that 31 is the new 30!
although having my daughter look at me darkly and proclaiming that i'm "really old!" doesn't help too much. urgh.
but then we do the boogie together and i can still keep up with her and i still feel young after all!
love these pictures of you! :-) :-) :-) love and kisses

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you included the picture of the scarf, even if it's not your scarf. I was feeling dumb because I didn't know what "entrelac" was. But now I do. It's cool looking!
Debbie

Sophie said...

happy birthday to you
happy birthday to you
happy BIRTHday dear turtlewomannnnnn
happy birthday to you!
(sung on the 8th, of course)