Friday, July 11, 2008

Which came first?

Well, in this particular case I am pretty sure it was the chicken . . . but look!


Farm fresh eggs! Well, egg anyway . . . but there will be more to come I am sure. Polly and Al are giving me some of their chickens, so hopefully I will get to have fresh eggs all the time. I think they are taking the rooster though, so I may have to get a new one if I want the trend to continue. But for now I have the whole flock (? do chickens come in flocks?) and it is kind of exciting to walk into the barn and find food . . .

Love,

Turtlewoman

2 comments:

Sophie said...

awesome! :-) and i think chickens come in flocks. owls come in parliaments, and crows in murders. how bizarre!
as for farm fresh food - how about balcony fresh food? lila and i harvested beans yesterday, and got all of a tablespoon of peas from them. :-) it's the thought that counts, though, and this way she (and i, i may add) discover where it all comes from. we also have strawberries (to be picked tomorrow, when the love of her life is coming over for a play date) and tomatoes (still in the very green stages though). hooray!

Heather said...

Wow, Lizzie! I didn't realize I missed so many posts. Your house is beautiful! I love the flowers and the furniture and the egg. It sounds like things are really going well for you. I'm so glad you're enjoying your time off and getting the chance to work on your new place before starting your new job.