Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Home Sweet Home



That's right - I am a homeowner! Or maybe the bank is a me-owner but either way, I get to live in this amazing house! The closing went smoothly followed by a rapid moving in. Big thanks to my family including our close family friends Dave and Yvette! I can't imagine trying to do all of this without them! I have a ton of unpacking to do, but am trying to come up with an organized game plan for everything. Right now I am just using the back half of the house - which is more space than I have ever had to myself before in my entire life! My parents are going to help me remodel the front one room at a time. There is more than enough work around here to last a lifetime but it is all mine so it is worth it! And I feel so official! Today I registered to vote, I picked up my dump sticker, and I even started getting mail at the new address. Life really is good here in Maine, especially on the farm. I am still a little dumbfounded that this could actually really be mine . . . I went shopping today and came home and put the groceries . . . wherever I wanted to. It made me smile and laugh that I could look in the fridge and all the cupboards and everything there was mine and I could keep it or move it or throw it all out without asking anybody else. This new found freedom is something else.

Well, if you like gardening, farming, or carpentry work come on over . . . I've got work for you to do!

Love,

Turtlewoman

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It looks like a beautiful place.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Beautiful, perfect, and yours, yours, yours! =)

(Also congratulations - very belatedly - on having completed the residency...=) )

-love,
C

Turtlewoman said...

Thanks everyone! I am so excited to be here . . .

Bridget - hopefully sometime in August we will have a margarita sleepover knitting party here at the farm . . . gotta clean up a little first though. =-)

Caitlin - thanks for the congrats! Not very belatedly actually . . . I just finished July 1. =-) When are you and Garth and the boys coming to visit???? There is lots of space for little boys to run around in and hopefully by the end of the month there will be goats for little boys to play with! =-)

Love,
Lizzie

Sophie said...

sign the three of us up to come help out with whatever you need doing at the end of the month. :-)
can you come to caitlin with us?
it looks absolutely stunning. congratulations, what a beautiful place. when are the goats moving in?
love, will email everyone soon to ask about addresses etc.

Sophie said...

hey lizzie, i emailed you for your address - let me know (here or on my own site) if you haven't gotten anything. love, see you soon!