Monday, July 7, 2008

Sneak Preview

So wanna see some pictures of my new house?? Do ya? Do ya?

Well, I want to show some to you so get ready:



This is one of the two grown-up swing sets that my Daddy bought me as a house warming gift . . . and then put up down by the water! It is a great place to catch a cool breeze and look out at the water. And when you do, this is what you see:

And also this:


And this is my first piece of brand new furniture that I bought for myself for the place:



So maybe a picnic table isn't the most PRACTICAL purchase, but it is beautiful and I love it. Now we can have picnics down by the water when you all come to visit. My parents and sister set this up for me today while I was sleeping as a surprise! Then they toted it down to the water and put it in the screen house so hopefully we can picnic without too many bugs . . . .

I think that is probably enough pictures for one day, but stay tuned for further updates! And come visit soon! The sun is hot, the breezes are cool, and the water's fine!

Love,

Turtlewoman

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll just swim across the lake...hehehe

Sophie said...

oooo, that looks so nice! i'm sure we'll be hanging out there A LOT at the end of the month. :-)
and welcome to your kitty, she'll adore it there. all that space! i can't believe how huge the house is!

Anonymous said...

Envy is a sin, isn't it? 'Cause I'm looking at those pictures with all that water, and it's closing in on 90 degrees and sticky, here, and I am DEFINITELY feeling envy..... =)

Can you get in the lake from your yard, or is that an optical illusion? Actually, I think I should come up, right now, to find out. I'll be there in 3 hours. (Okay, that would probably be unwise, since I just finished promising my plumber that he could put in bathroom fixtures anytime this week. But I mean, it's HOT, here, and you have WATER..... he'd understand, right? =) )

-love,
C

Turtlewoman said...

Mindy! You should come swim across the lake! I'll lend you a towel when you get out on my side. =-)

Sophie! Can't wait for you to get here. Hope you get feeling better - rest up a little before you come over!

Caitlin! You should come on up. You can get to the water from my place. It takes a little determination since there is a pretty steep bank going down (and then back up). But once you get down there the water is really nice and the bottom is sandy. Totally worth it. You know that you and Garth and the boys are totally welcome to come up and hang out anytime right?

It is HOT here today too, but if you are in just the right place to catch the breeze it is tolerable. Or if you sit in front of the fan . . . .

Love,
Lizzie

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful, Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! It is stunning! Congratulations. I can't wait to see it in person.