Sunday, November 25, 2007

Giving Thanks

I have just had a wonderful 6 day holiday! On Tuesday I got my car serviced and spent the waiting time getting a massage, eating lunch out, and wandering around Borders buying books. Went up to Chesley's for a quick yarn and needle buying frenzy (needed #11 DPN's to finish Will's penguin). Then headed home for the rest of the weekend. I saw five moose on my way up!

We had a lovely if quiet Thanksgiving dinner. Me, my parents, my sister, and my two grandmothers. We had a bit of an ice storm Wednesday night and then it rained on top of the glare ice in the driveway on Thursday . . . needless to say none of us left the house except to feed the goats! Luckily Mom had all of the turkey trimmings available in the house (despite the fact that we were supposed to go to Aunt Sherry's for the feast) and we will had an awesome dinner!

I have SO many things to be Thankful for this year. Loving family and friends, reasonably good health, a warm place to sleep, good food to eat, safe water to drink, access to health care, an excellent if expensive education, a career I love, pets, knitting, reading, smart and caring colleagues . . . my recent trip to Peru and the boss that made it all possible (pictured with me below in the "traditional 'We Did It!'" pose) . . . .


What are some of the things that you gave thanks for this year?


Love,

Turtlewoman

No comments: