Sunday, November 4, 2007

Congratulations Megan and Paul!

Congratulations Megan and Paul on your wedding this weekend! I'm sorry I missed the festivities, but hear that they went well! I am looking forward to hearing all of the stories and seeing all of the pictures.

Also, Happy Birthday Debbie! Hope you had a magnificent day . . . and wasn't it nice of Megan to have such a nice big party on your birthday? =-)

I am back in Maine safe and sound. Spent the night at my parents' house last night and now back in Portland and getting ready to return to work first thing in the morning. I am dreading it a little, just because readjusting to the American Culture of Medicine is sure to be a challenge. I have a feeling I may spend most of the day crying. No worries, I'm sure I will get over it soon enough.

Next big task in life will be to find a job. Yes, Chesley, it is okay to secretly be glad that I am staying. I think I am a little bit secretly glad about it too. Despite feeling disappointed when I didn't match, I also felt a little relieved. And today I was thinking about all of the fun things I can start doing when residency is done and I can actually start living my life. I see a lot more knit nights in my future!

Good night!

Love,
Turtlewoman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, Megan is not nearly as short as she appears in that picture...

The wedding was indeed lovely and lots of fun except that we missed you.

-Debbie