Sunday, December 9, 2007

Babies!

Well, I haven't uploaded my pictures of Dylan from this weekend yet, so you are really only going to get to see one baby right now . . . but babies was the theme for the weekend. I had an AWESOME time hanging out with Debbie, Eric, and Dylan. Dylan and I got some good bonding time in, although I never did get him to take a bottle from me. So much for my reputation as a baby whisperer. . . but I did introduce him to the joy of patti-cakes and got to sing him some of his first nursery rhymes so we still had fun. We also got a Christmas tree and then watched Eric struggle through the yearly tradition of the lighting of the house. He did a great job though! And then we all got to relax in front of a nice warm fire. Aside from playing with the baby and yarfing in Debbie's driveway (apparently even though I am almost 32 years old I still can't drink orange juice before going on a wind-y drive), it was a pretty low key weekend and I loved it. I got some knitting done, making my third ever mitten. I am starting to get the hang of the thumbs I think, as they are getting to be less gappy each time. I will have to take pictures and post at some point, but again . . . that involves downloading from the camera.


So meet Frosti! My newest grandkid. We weren't exactly planning to have kids this winter (not an ideal time for kidding in Maine), but Tankie had other ideas. One thing I can say for that boy, he has definitely proven himself as a stud. So all of the goats appear to be pregnant again and yesterday Blossie (aka Blossom) decided to drop kid out in the snowbank. In all honesty, this probably wasn't really her first choice. But seeing as all of the goats were out of the barn for the afternoon and she probably couldn't get back in she did the best she could. So she dropped him in the hay rack we keep near the barn. My parents came home from picking up my sister and heard a god-awful crying. When they went to look, they found Frosti lying in the hay in the snow, shivering and turning blue! It took a little resusciation, but they soon had him warmed up in the barn and he made it through the night! He is SO cute. You can see for yourself:


He is my 5th grand-kid, but he is the first male goat ever to be born on the Life is Goat Farm! He is the first male offspring of Tankie, and he is actually Blossie's first ever male offspring too. And she has had bunches of kids . . . So I guess you could say that Frosti is a little bit of a Christmas miracle (just a little early). =-)

Love,

Turtlewoman

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww.....

Glad to hear that Frosti's been unfrozen, poor thing..... :)

-love,
C

Heather said...

Oh, he's a cutie! Congratulations!

Sophie said...

oh, what a cutie! :-) where is life is goat farm, though? your parents' place?
hope everything's going well with you. :-) here all is well. very much into strictly come dancing, which is the british version of dancing with the stars and has a daily 'catch-up' show. lovely. and of course, now that i get to watch us sports here, i've been excitedly follow my patriots, hahaha. how cool are they, seriously. to think how lame they were when i was at dartmouth..
anyhoo. lila is big! five, and spoilt to bits by her birthday and sinterklaas (you were one weekend off, but much kudos for even remembering we have him here!). bart is doing fine but has to work and study for work a lot, which means no dancing for us, alas... once he's done, we'll start right up again, we both miss it!
and with me all is well, also. still working in the bookstore, and still loving it. the busy times are ahead these next two weeks!
love you,
sophie

Sophie said...

*followING, not follow, my patriots, of course... :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, so cute! And I think his tough birth gives him bragging rights. You know, the other goats will say "when I was a kid I had to walk to school miles in the snow..." and he can say "yeah, well, I was BORN in the snow!".

-Debbie

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lizzie!!! He is absolutely beautiful. Poor baby - born in the snow.

Chesley