Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Tired is . . .

Looking ahead at your schedule and realizing that after this weekend you will either be travelling (one weekend for pure fun, two for interviews, two for the mission trip to Peru) or working for every weekend from now until Thanksgiving. Now how this worked out this way I am not quite sure. Especially since I MADE the stupid schedule. Sigh. Ah well. . . it is all for a good cause right?

I am almost done with my month of nights. It has been a good month, but I think I might be ready to see daylight again soon. Aside from when I am sleeping that is. And sleeping is what I should be doing right now . . . and will be soon.

Interview update: now with a total of four! UConn, UMaryland, Pittsburgh, and Rochester. Outright rejected by Johns Hopkins. Still awaiting a reply from 5 schools. Keep your fingers crossed, I would really like to get at least 1 more interview offer!

Knitting update: just finished a VERY cute project which I will photograph and post after I give it to its rightful owner. Playing around with my Denise changeable circulars right now for fun. They are really smooth and light weight. Thought I had become a wooden/bamboo needle snob but now realizing that there may be good in other needles too. =-)

Now reading . . . . Harry Potter #7 . . . DUH. Isn't everyone. Okay, okay so most people are actually done with it already but not all of us have a day off to just sit and read all day . . . talk to me again next week and see how I'm doing.

Good night!

Turtlewoman

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't give away any Harry Potter secrets! Some of us had to go back and quickly read book 6 before reading book 7 because 2 pages into book 7 we realised we couldn't remember book 6 at all. So I've just started book 7 too.

Can't wait to see you next weekend, (hopefully the one that you call "traveling for pure fun").

Debbie

Turtlewoman said...

Yep, our weekend on the Cape is the weekend for pure fun! I can't complain TOO much, since two of the travelling weekends for interviews I will also get to visit Megan and Paul and then Heat and Matt and Will. So they are not completely business trips. Just it seemed overwhelming that this will be my last weekend to be home, not working, and not doing anything else for about 3.5 months . . .

=-)
I won't reveal any Harry Potter secrets. I am only halfway through...
Love,
Lizzie

Sophie said...

i hope you're both enjoying hp7. it's fabulous! i've restarted the whole series now that i've finished it, to see whether i can pick up all the hints and names she drops. onto nr. 4 now...

Heather said...

I haven't started it yet, but I will after Matt finishes. This silly move is taking up a lot of valuable reading time!

Wow, your schedule is crazy this fall! But I'm glad I get to see you during two of those weekends.