Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's' Day!



My mom would kill me if she knew I put these on the web. Here she is modelling her mothers day gift - yep - the finally finished entrelac scarf! The second picture shows the soft fleecey lining that I knit up for the back so that it wouldn't be scratchy against her face. I think it actually took me less than a year to finish this scarf so that is a new record for me. And my mom just woke up from a nap in this picture, so don't make fun of her hair. =-)
Thank you mom, for all of the things you have taught me, all the love and support you continue to give me every day. I would not be anywhere in this world without you. You are my best friend, my confidante, my supporter and cheerleader. I hope as life moves along, I will be able to provide you with some of those things in return. I love you.

4 comments:

Heather said...

The scarf is gorgeous! I bet your mom loved it.

Turtlewoman said...

Thanks Heat! She had actually seen it in production at some point. When she took it out of the bag today she said, "I win!" Because I hadn't figured out who I was going to give it to until it was finished. I think it is a good color scheme for her. She said she has always admired the pattern when she has seen it, but has never tried to knit it herself.

Anonymous said...

Liz - the scarf looks great and the color is perfect for your mom!

Sophie said...

what a gorgeous scarf! absolutely gorgeous. and i'm impressed you got it done in under a year, what with your timetable :-)
xxx