Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sadness is . . .

Breaking one of your Sox Sticks when you are in the middle of your jaywalkers . . . and not having any other size 1 dpns to substitute in . . . and realizing you missed Chesley's sale on just that very item yesterday. Sigh.

Well, this will give me a good excuse to visit Chesley again soon (if I ever get another day off!)!

I had today off and it was wonderful. We went to Lake Pleasant and had a fantastic time. I got to see baby Theo, baby Sam, Christie, Beca, Margaret, Phelps, Rick, Tripp, and Holden! We had a great time playing in and on the lake, eating hot dogs, and generally making merry.

This was all topped off by a visit from my parents, my sister, and my sister's friend. We had a fun trip to Home Depot and then went for dinner at the Village Cafe. Now it is time for bed! Yes, really!

Turtlewoman

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lizzie!
A knititng emergency, and you didn't call me?? You don't need a sale. The company promises to replace needles in such situations. Just tell me what you had (rosewood or ebony) and I'll get you a new one. No prob!
Happy Jaywalking.
love,
chesley

Anonymous said...

I don't even understand those words. Is it because you broke your Sox Stick that the Red Sox have been losing?
- Debbie